Sonoma, California was named the eighth best 4th of July destination in the country by Travel + Leisure.
Our small-town spirit and patriotic pride combined with tradition have brought our community and visitors together for many years and we look forward to sharing it all again this year. Below are a few ways to celebrate Independence Day in and around Sonoma. We’ve included some favorite activities along with drive times so that you can easily plan your itinerary for your stay. We invite you to “make a week of it”!
Sunday July 1st:
- 22-minute drive from MacArthur Place: Broadway Under the Stars is a group of amazing performers who are on a hiatus from Broadway. We are lucky enough to enjoy their talents in the open air theater. Sunday July 1st is the final performance of Stairway to Paradise. “Directed and choreographed by Broadway veteran, Tony Gonzalez, this exciting new show borrows the name from a song in the Gershwin classic “An American in Paris.” The lyrics build on the idea that it is the journey, and what we make of it, that matters. Tony has enlisted a powerhouse cast to perform and share this inspiring message that includes performers who have been featured on Broadway in WICKED, HAIRSPRAY, AMERICAN IDIOT, JEKYLL & HYDE, HAIR, and more!”
Tuesday July 3rd:
- 1-hour drive from MacArthur Place: Every Tuesday evening at the Francis Ford Coppola Winery they present A Tavola! Meaning “to the table,” a tavola (pronounced “a TAH-voh-lah”) is a casual dining experience inspired by Francis’s favorite way of enjoying a meal. Instead of ordering from menus, the chef prepares a variety of dishes and sends them to your table. It’s great way to enjoy a meal and a lot of fun for the whole family.
Wednesday July 4th:
- 3-minute drive from MacArthur Place: The Sonoma Volunteer Firefighters present a full day 4th of July Celebration. The celebration begins with a parade at 10am, winding through the historic Sonoma Plaza. Following the parade will be a festival with food, drink, and game booths. All proceeds raised from the festival benefit Sonoma’s nonprofit community. The festival ends at 5pm, when the main event of the evening begins….the firework show! The show will be above General Vallejo’s field and last about 45 minutes. This year’s theme for the festivities is Honoring Our Local Heroes.
- 5-minute drive from MacArthur Place: The General’s Daughter will have a fun-filled 4th of July celebration! Starting at 7pm, they will have live music, delicious food, and a front row view of the Sonoma fireworks. The full buffet menu includes a summer melon station, fresh salads, BBQ selections, and a festive red, white, and blue treats and sweets
Saturday July 7th:
- 9-minute drive from MacArthur Place: On Saturday July 7that Buena Vista Winery, enjoy a Winemaker Cave dinner featuring Winemaker Brian Maloney and enjoy a delightful meal prepared by Atelier Fine Foods & Catering in the oldest wine caves in California. $150 non-club / $135 Wine Club Member.
Midweek Treat Special
MacArthur Place has a Midweek Treat for our guests. Stay for three days during the week, Sunday – Thursday, and receive 20% off and a $100 resort credit. We left some time open in the itinerary above so you can enjoy a relaxing massage at The Garden Spa and savory meal at Saddles Steakhouse.