May is in full swing and so are the Sonoma and Napa Valley events! There is so much talent among the locals of this region, so we invite you to make your trip to Sonoma truly unique by attending one of these events while in the area. Understandably so, many of these events combine food and wine, so you will be able to visit some of the beautiful wineries in the area and experience something only available in Sonoma.
Upcoming Events Around Sonoma
Thursday May 17
- Around the World Dinner – Cuba | 5:30 to 8:30pm, $38 | Suite D, Sonoma
- Suite D is a multipurpose, urban-industrial event space brought to you by the team that owns the girl & the fig restaurant on Sonoma square and the fig cafe in Glen Ellen. Suite D fosters innovative ways for the community to gather around the table together to connect through food and wine. Whether it be your wedding, a corporate event or one of our pop-ups, you are sure to have a good time! During this event, you will dine on Grilled Shrimp-Pineapple Skewer, Plantain Chips, Cuban Roast Pork, Black Beans and Rice, and Cuban Rum Cake
Saturday May 19
- Jeff Cohn Cellars Wine Dinner | 6:30 to 9:30pm, $88 | Suite D, Sonoma
- Another Suite D event bringing the community together around the table, connecting through food and wine. For this event, the menu will be: 2016 the First Date, passed apps; 2015 Broken Compass Carignane, Ricotta gnocchi, wild mushrooms, porcini vin blanc, upland cress, shaved vella dry jack; 2015 Misc Stuff, Pancetta wrapped pork tenderloin, lavender carrots, roasted yukon gold potatoes, pomegranate jus; 2015 Rockpile Haley Syrah, cheese 2015 Cassata Zinfandel, Rhubarb-Huckleberry Crisp, Thyme Ice Cream.
- Pinot Gris and Sushi | 11am to 3pm | Buena Vista Winery, Sonoma
- Join us for a special pairing of our new release – 2017 Count’s Selection Pinot Gris – paired with a delectable bite of sushi.
- Gerd Stern in Conversation with Neeli Cherkovski | 3pm | Sonoma Valley Museum of Art
- SVMA is pleased to present Gerd Stern, a major figure among San Francisco’s Beat generation, who will be talking with Neeli Cherkovski about his work and his time and experiences as part of the Beat and hippy art scenes on the S.S. Vallejo.
Until Sunday May 20
- France is a Feast: The Photographic Journey of Paul and Julia Child | Napa Valley Museum, Yountville
- Be the first to see this World Premiere Exhibition of extraordinary and intimate photographs by Paul Child, depicting his life with wife Julia Child in France. Curated by Katie Pratt, inspired by the book by Alex Prud’homme and Katie Pratt. Just Added: Our exclusive Audio Tour featuring the voice of The French Chef herself, Julia Child, and interviews with chefs Jacques Pépin, Thomas Keller, Cindy Pawlcyn, and “Julia & Jacques” television producer Susie Heller. Plus Alex Prud’homme, grand-newphew of Paul Child and co-author of Julia’s best selling memoir “My Life in France.”
Sunday May 20
- Pairings: Art & Wine & Poetry | 4pm | Sonoma Valley Museum of Art
- Join us for a special spring edition of Pairings as we celebrate the Bay Area’s contribution to poetry and art in the 1950s and 60s. Among the “flight of poets” will be a central figure of the original Beats, Gerd Stern, and contemporary poets Brenda Hillman and Jason Bayani. The wines and winemakers featured in this gathering come from Dane Cellars, En Garde Winery, and Once & Future.
Saturday May 26
- Chateau Sonoma Annual French Flea Market | 9 to 3pm | Cornerstone Sonoma, Sonoma
- The annual French flea market is inspired from those in France. We wanted to replicate the feeling of flea-ing in France here in Sonoma so that our neighbors and friends could experience what we were experiencing in France. Each year we recruit dealers from all over the north west to travel to Sonoma to sell their French imports. The flea market allows vendors to showcase their entire collection of wares, which are traded at wholesale prices. We strive to replicate the ambiance of France by serving sausages & rosé, hosting Michele the barrel organist, and including vendors with a variety of goods. Named the “Best French Flea in America” by French Country Style Magazine, we look forward to another year of bringing France to Sonoma!
Sunday May 27
- Music on the Lawn and Wood Fired Pizzas | Saturday & Sunday from 11 to 2 pm | Viansa Winery
Plan Your Stay At MacArthur Place
Garden Spa May Special
Bamboo Age Correcting Facial $105
Treat your skin with this age repairing facial that combines the most powerful anti-aging technology in natural and organic skin care with ultra-hydrating shea butter and strengthening bamboo. Your skin is transformed from increased collagen production and cell regeneration as wrinkles are smoothed from the inside out.
The weather this time of year is perfect, so we suggest making one day a day of spa and poolside relaxation.