Whether you’re in town as a runner, a supporter, or a visitor looking for motivation and wine, the legendary Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon is coming to town for the 11th year in a row, July 14th and 15th, with the official race on Sunday July 15th.
This popular race features a fast and scenic course starting at Cuvaison Carneros Winery and finishing in historic Sonoma Plaza in front of City Hall. The world-renowned Napa and Sonoma Valleys serve as the host of this event, offering the finest in wine country ambience and hospitality.
While the race is sold out…it sells out every year on the day that registration opens…there are still rooms available at MacArthur Place for those already registered or for those coming to support the runners.
There are still openings for the Gun Bun Fun Run 5K which is also on Sunday 7/15/18. The GunBunFunRun 5K starts at Gundlach Bundschu Winery in Sonoma and follows the final 3 miles of the half-marathon course before finishing in downtown Sonoma in the plaza for the post-race Wine & Music Festival.
Official Itinerary for the Weekend:
Welcome Reception: Cuvaison Caneros Winery, Fri: 07-13-18 | Time 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Enjoy culinary offerings and signature varietals of the surrounding wine region. Mix and mingle with Destination Races’ Race Director, Matt Dockstader, and fellow runners including Elite Runners and other VIPs during this festive evening!
Pre-Race Dinner: The CIA at Copia, Sat: 07-14-18 | Time 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Join us for our signature pre-race dinner! Prepare for Race day with a hearty and delicious meal perfect to fuel your body for 13.1 miles.
Half Marathon Race Start: Cuvaison Caneros Winery, Sun: 07-15-18 | 7:00 AM
- This scenic and fast 13.1 mile course starts at Cuvaison Carneros Winery where runners congregate in one of the most beautiful start areas anywhere.
GunBunFunRun 5K Race Start: Gundlach Bundschu, Sun: 07-15-18 | 8:15 AM
- The GunBunFunRun 5K starts at Gundlach Bundschu Winery in Sonoma and follows the final 3 miles of the half-marathon course before finishing in downtown Sonoma in the plaza for the post-race Wine & Music Festival.
Post-Race Wine + Music Festival: Sonoma Plaza, Sun: 07-15-18 | 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Celebrate your 13.1 accomplishment in style as you taste from over 35 local wineries and enjoy the Lagunitas Beer Garden. One Wine Glass with wine tasting is included with your half marathon registration.
Post-race VIP Tasting Experience: The CIA at Copia, Sun: 07-15-18 | Time 3:00 – 5:30 PM
- Secret Wines of Napa Valley guided class followed by hors d’oeuvres reception.
Carb Loading Before the Race:
If you don’t end up joining the Pre-Race Dinner at The CIA, here are a few recommendations for great pasta before the race.
- The Depot Hotel: “Wonderful service, excellent outside dining area and GREAT food!”
- The Swiss Hotel: “Tremendous wait staff! High class from start to finish, but welcoming as well. Not a bad item on the menu.”
- The Plaza Bistro: “Awesome bistro/cafe! Was looking for a cute place to go for dinner as a family of four. Excellent food. Amazing dessert. Great atmosphere. And excellent service!”
- Mamma Tanino’s: “Best Italian food in Sonoma. Chef driven, family owned. Fun, casual atmosphere. A local favorite. The Bucatini is worth the trip alone.”
- The Red Grape: “Butternut squash, when on the menu is to die for! The pizzas are great. Very friendly staff and the bread pudding is extra runny!”
- Della Santina’s: “Quaint little restaurant with cozy dining area and water fountain. Food was great we had Tortellini and the Rotisserie chicken and for desert double chocolate mouse cake. Great service, cute front porch for drinks.”
No matter what way you’re enjoying the Sonoma Half Marathon, it’s sure to be a fun weekend. Enjoy!