Indulgent Seasonal Spa Treatments
The leaves have changed to vibrant hues of red, orange and yellow, and the crisp mornings remind us that winter is fast approaching. It’s a beautiful time of year to cozy up and pamper yourself with warming, healing and restorative seasonal spa treatments, whether in the spa or at home. Read on for our favorite ways to celebrate your skin this season.
Pumpkin Body Wrap
Tis the season for boots, chunky sweaters, fireside cocktails and yes, pumpkin. All humor aside, the ever-present ingredient of the season offers a bevy of healthful merits for mind, body, soul. In addition to dazzling the palate in any form from latke to latte, pumpkin is known to brighten and smooth the skin and elicit serenity and relaxation. The Garden Spa, nestled within our verdant six-acre Sonoma property, has developed a special Pumpkin Body Wrap to harness the skincare benefits of this magical autumnal ingredient. We invite you to wrap yourself in Fall.
This hydrating wrap is rich in vitamins and exfoliating enzymes that will leave your skin with a beautiful autumn glow. Warming scents of cinnamon, clove and pumpkin spice will envelop you in a blissful state of serenity.
50 minutes | $105
Sugarplum Dreams Facial
Whether it evokes images of graceful Nutcracker fairies or “‘Twas the night before Christmas” poetry verse, one thing is certain. Sugar plum is inextricably linked in our minds with sweetness, beauty and holiday cheer. That’s why our very own Garden Spa created a special Sugarplum Dreams Facial to enliven your senses and soothe your skin this holiday. We invite you to dream.
This custom holiday facial is an exotic alchemy of sugarplum tonic, yam and pumpkin enzyme peel, cranberry-pomegranate mask and sugarplum whip moisturizer. Using Eminence Organic skincare products, this invigorating treatment will awaken your senses and rejuvenate your skin.
50 minutes | $105
Do Try This At Home
Not to worry, if you can’t make it to Sonoma to enjoy one of our seasonal spa treatments in person, our Spa Director, Tiffany Delalay, shares some great insider tips below on recreating the garden spa experience at home.
Treat Yourself to Great Products
As a boutique garden spa in the heart of Sonoma’s wine country, we believe wholeheartedly in the importance of using sustainably-made products crafted from natural ingredients. Two of my favorite skincare brands are LaLicious and Eminence Organics, both of which offer fun and decadent holiday products great for use at home.
LaLicious Sugar Peppermint Scrub | $34 & Hydrating Body Butter | $26
- Great to keep in your shower for an invigorating at-home spa treatment. Sugarcane crystals slough off dry skin cells, while cold-pressed coconut and almond oils nourish and revitalize. Follow-up the scrub with a generous application of the Sugar Peppermint Hydrating Body Butter made from shea butter, safflower oil, aloe vera and vitamin E to keep your skin hydrated and well-nourished for winter.
- Purchase online | or Contact The Garden Spa: 707.933.3193; firstname.lastname@example.org
Eminence Organics Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque | $52
- This holiday-only product contains fresh pumpkin which is rich in beta-carotenes and fights the effects of environmental stress on your skin. Also infused with pumpkin seed oil, it restores dry skin and promotes natural moisture balance with Vitamin E and Omega 9. For best results, mix a small amount of product in your hand with a few drops of water and apply evenly over face and decollete and allow to dry for 5-10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. After using the masque apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Available at your local spa only | Contact The Garden Spa: 707.933.3193; email@example.com
Set the Scene
You’ve got great skincare products on the ready. Now, all you have to do is set the scene to create an atmosphere that will beckon you into blissful relaxation so you can fully enjoy your restorative spa day at home.
- Infused Spa Water | Refresh, rejuvenate, relax and reconnect with nature with a pitcher of herb- or fruit-infused water. Grab anything from the garden or the fridge to create an inspired concoction. My favorites are cucumber and mint, grapefruit and sage and raspberry and rose petal.
- Herbal Foot Soak | Whip up a foot soak with ingredients from the garden, or the pantry, to enjoy while your face masque is drying. A simple foot soak will reduce inflammation, improve circulation and soften dry skin. One of my favorite recipes is from this Garden Therapy blog.
- Sounds of Serenity | Last but not least, find a soothing spa playlist to obscure any distracting sounds and promote a deep and abiding sense of well being. One of my favorites is Spa Radio on Pandora.
Relax, unwind, and enjoy the beautiful winter season.