From Sonoma with Love:
The 2021 Gift Guide
Tis the season of merriment and meaningful moments with family… and gift-giving, always made that much better when done with thought and intention. We’ve compiled a list of Sonoma gifts that are anything but perfunctory. Whether you’re shopping online or visiting in person, we have you covered with our Sonoma gift giving guide.
Shop MacArthur Market
For the Wine Lover
- The New Architecture of Wine book combines the love of design with the appreciation of wine for a visually immersive and compelling coffee table book. With well-told stories and stunning photography, author Heather Hebert features the architecture of 25 California wineries in her alluring book.
- Laguiole Ebony Corkscrew with Gift Box is an elegant two-lever waiter’s corkscrew in a branded wood slide gift box – the perfect compliment to any wine connoisseur’s collection or to one that is cultivating their love of wine.
For the “Works from Home”
- Favorite Daughter x Mac Sweatshirt is from a line of casually cool clothing from sisters, comedians and entertainment writers, Erin and Sara Foster. It is the cozy answer to any work-from-home uniform or as a post-workout warmup.
- Bala Bangles are a great addition to a daily workout or as part of your standing desk routine as you email and walk in place.
- MacArthur Candle, created in collaboration with Lola James Harper, has notes of poplar, matcha green tea and lily that will (virtually) transform your home work environment into a sunshine-filled space, with green trees and white flowers.
For the Picnic & Camping Lover
- Handmade Blanket Rolls are designed by Nipomo’s mother-daughter team out of San Francisco, and handwoven in Mexico by skilled artisans. These colorful and comfy blankets are made from remnant recycled clothing and the perfect base for a picnic in wine country or wherever adventures may take you.
- Canasta Chica Baskets are handmade structured baskets made out of dried and woven palm fronds. These baskets are begging to be taken on leisurely afternoons to the coast toting wine, cheese, crackers and other picnic necessities.
- MacArthur Wine Tumblers are double-insulated 10 oz vessels perfect for spring picnics, or enjoying drinks fireside or camp-side. This sleek tumbler keeps cold beverages cold and hot beverages hot.
For the Cocktail Lover
- MacArthur Bitters are a tasty addition to any home bar. These local, handmade, small-batch bitters, made specially for MacArthur Place Hotel are inspired by the property’s iconic pomegranate trees and Sonoma’s common white oak.
- Ceramic Flask is a nod to the historic culture of distilling spirits (and enjoying a nip from the hip flask), this classic ceramic flask is newly designed with leather, brass, foil and debossed textural accents for the modern gentleman or woman. It’s contents, your choice, will certainly keep your warm throughout the winter.
For the Traveler
- Ideal for any occasion (and any recipient), MacArthur Gift Cards give the gift of an unforgettable experience.
- The Napa & Sonoma Field Guide is a way to send your family and friends into the heart of California’s wine country with guidance from trusted locals and wine experts like winery proprietors Andrew Mariani (Scribe) and Kashy Khaledi (Ashes & Diamonds).
Shop Sonoma Locally
With an abundance of unique, independently owned shops along the historic Sonoma Plaza and neighboring streets, plus festive holiday lighting and décor accenting the quaint town, Sonoma is a winter wonderland in wine country. We’ve gathered a list of our favorite boutiques to find gifts for those on your list, including the shopper herself. (Find more of our favorites here>>)
G’s General Store is a nod to the general stores of store owner Virginia Hayes, aka Gigi’s youth. The former mercantile building from the 1800s is rightfully situated on the Sonoma Plaza. It is a modern general store representing the “best of category” for home decor, bedding, children’s and women’s accessories, candy and more. The shop is organized by rooms of the house, with all the themes starting with the letter “G,” as in Glamour, Gourmet Galley, Goodies, Greet and Gather.
The Loop is a women’s “Fine Clothing” boutique, located in the heart of Sonoma on the Historic Plaza. Owners Annie and Jojo take great pleasure in bringing customers of all ages a unique and enjoyable shopping experience in an elegant yet fun boutique setting. The boutique features designers like AG jeans, Mother Jeans, James Perse, LA made, Michael Stars, Bella Dahl, Cosabella, Linea Pelle, Monica Frank Jewelry, Julie Tuton, Toms Shoes & Sunglasses, and many more.
For the child on your list or the kid at heart, Tiddle E. Winks Vintage 5 & Dime offers fun items such as vintage toys & games, metal lunch boxes, pins & pennants, and an array of sugary delights. Their shopping selections continue with oodles of unique gifts for the one that has it all or the one that you just can’t figure out.
Freshly opened, Purely Sonoma is a welcomed local haven for those searching for unique beauty products in the Sonoma Plaza. Showcasing a space designed with a clean beauty and general wellness retail area in the front with a salon and treatment room in the back. Their featured products include Naturopathica, OWay, Patyka, Josh Rosebrook, Ere Perez, RMS, Saint Jane, and more.
Wherever your shopping takes you, MacArthur Place makes for the perfect place to relax and take time for yourself to be spoiled by our dedicated staff.